HATTEMER High school corresponds to the last three years of secondary education (seconde, première and terminale).
Teaching at HATTEMER High School enables to reach the national exam that is the French Baccalaureate (equivalent to A-levels in the UK).
To start the HATTEMER high school, the 'Seconde' class is a real transition class. Beside lessons in common, representing 80% of total time, students have two more lessons of exploration: social and economic sciences, literature and society studies.
On entry into 'Première', the student selects the series in which he will prepare his Baccalaureate with Hattemer:
- 1ère in Literature – 1ère in Social Economics – 1ère in Sciences with a speciality in Life and Earth Sciences (Bac S)
Then, the 'Terminale' class comprises generally of three series/sections : Social Economics (ES), Literature (L) and Sciences (S).
HATTEMER high school enjoys the same organisation as middle school and primary where teaching evolves around three objectives :
- the success of the Baccalaureate ;
- personal enrichment and open-mindedness towards the world ;
- and the preparation of the pupils towards higher education and their future careers.
Like in middle school, Hattemer high school is organised around a dedicated Head Teacher.
For new registrants, recruitment is assessed by the study of an academic record and after an interview in the presence of the student.
Teaching teams are regrouped by class. Their task is to promote cooperation between teachers, monitor and evaluate students as well as organise the personal training help.
The teaching team gathers around the Hattemer High School Class Council.
Throughout the year, the Class Council considers issues relevant to the educational life of the class and decide on the conditions under which each student can continue his or her education.
HATTEMER High School, like Middle School and well before Primary, wishes to reach excellence by setting structured goals as the following :
A high requirement for work, based on the HATTEMER Method since 1885 :
The quality of school work is our priority, we are both very committed to pushing students who have facilities, but we also encourage and support students who have difficulties.
The primary conditions for success in Hattemer high school are:
- regularity in personal work (between 1h30 and 2h per day) ;
- a healthy way of life (sleep, sport) ;
- sharing of HATTEMER values around « work » and « responsability » which must be shared by all the pupils of Hattemer high school ;
- a team of teachers to serve students and families, who are there to transmit and promote the love of work;
- punctuality, attendance and respect of others: strict rules that must be followed by our students;
- tests : between 2 to 4 hours are devoted each week, outside class hours.
Personalised support for each HATTEMER pupil :
In perfect continuity with Hattemer Middle School, in 'seconde', students quickly become accustomed to the rhythm of the school.
- pupils are welcomed in 'seconde', which follows a continuity with Middle school ;
- for students who have difficulties in certain areas: we have introduced modules in Mathematics, French and English that allow individual monitoring of each student: each teacher deals with a group of 5 or 6 students, but his explanations are individual; ;
- Hattemer High School has also established mechanisms to better address the needs of students in their final year: courses to get back to scratch and intensive courses to prepare the French Baccalaureate are thus possible.
Opening to foreign languages and to the world :
HATTEMER high school, in true continuity with Middle and Primary school, intensifies the learning of modern languages started in previous cycles. Are taught by native teachers: :
As an option, classics, such as Latin and Greek, are taught, as in HATTEMER Middle School.
For extracurricular activities, HATTEMER high school intensifies the openness of students to the world : HATTEMER organises field trips in foreign countries, theatre outings, debated conferences, visits to museums and exhibitions.
Comunication with families
Parents have several opportunities during the year to meet the school's teaching staff and Head.
The family is regularly informed of the schooling progress through a very accurate tracking of each student with:
- A monthly transcript;
- quarterly tests and a general overview at the end of each term ;
- regular meetings with the Head Teacher ;
Knowing that the French Baccalaureate is only a step and starting point to higher education, HATTEMER has established a unit dedicated to the future of its students towards the best prepatory schools and french, but also, english and american universities.
HATTEMER offers its students a complete package for their future and helps them enroll and successfully complete post-baccalaureate in elite schools, according to their own aspirations and choices.